IDMA with seat at Hoveniersstraat 22, Antwerp 2018, Belgium, collects and handles personal data of Members, website Visitors or any other contacts, in line with this ‘Privacy Statement’.
The contact person for data protection at IDMA is:
Name: Melissa Smet
E-mail: new IDMA email address
Phone: +32 03 233 11 29
Purpose and reason for personal data collection
IDMA will process the following data:
- Personal and impersonal data
- Information provided by you through direct communication (phone, e-mail, online);
- Data collected through our website
IDMA will process your company and/or personal data, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Members’ services, such as to maintain your member account
- To communicate and be in contact with you with the proposal of informing you about the services that are relevant to you through various channels, for example receiving our newsletter “WINC”
- To respond to Members’ and website Visitor’s questions and queries
- For analytical purposes
- To legally comply with mandatory regulations (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering Law)
- To comply with our statutory, tax or accounting obligations
Automated decision making
IDMA does not use any automated processes on subjects that could have (substantial) consequences to private individuals. The processes referred to are decisions taken by software or systems, without the intervention of a human-being.
Cookies are small text files that your computer stores when you use a website. They map information about your browser type, operating system, geographical location and website visit, among other things.
Cookies are anonymous and do not store any personal information about you.
-What cookies do we use on this site?
_ga, _gat en _gid: analyse your website visit via Google Analytics
These cookies are anonymous and do not store any personal information about you.
-How can you disable cookies?
You can disable or delete cookies, in which case our website may no longer function optimally. Do you still want to adjust the settings for cookies? Here you will find instructions for different browsers:
How long will we save your data?
If you fill in a form, we will not save the data you have entered on this website. This data will be sent to our mailbox. This is necessary in order to communicate with you.
Your data will only be kept for as long as necessary to achieve the goals it was collected for in the first place, taking into account legal time limitations, e.g. 5 years for personal data.
Sharing of information with third parties
Your information will be treated confidentially and will under no circumstances be shared with third parties, unless this is strictly necessary to perform our duties towards you, or to comply with legal obligations.
Your rights regarding the protection of privacy
In accordance with the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 regarding the protection of privacy, you are at all times entitled to access the personal data we keep on you, delete it and/or have changes made to it. Kindly contact us in case you feel your data has been used inappropriately.
IDMA will address any such request in accordance with the EU GDPR, and will need a copy of your identity card and/or passport for proof of identification. Please black out your picture and card/passport number to protect your privacy, and we will respond to your request within one month. Please find here an overview of your rights:
-Right to information
-Right of access and rectification
You have the right to view all personal data we have processed about you. Any incorrect or incomplete personal data can be changed or deleted.
-Right to restrict processing
You have the right to (temporarily) stop the processing of your personal data under these conditions:
- During the period we need to verify the accuracy of your personal data in the event of a dispute.
- During the period we need to assess the presence of grounds for deletion of your personal data.
- In the event of unlawful data processing, if you request that the processing be restricted instead of your personal data being deleted.
- If we no longer need your personal data for processing purposes and you need them for legal proceedings.
-Right to revoke consent
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for which you previously gave permission.
– Right to oppose automatic decision making
The personal data we collect through this website will not be used for automatic decision making.
-Right to portability of personal data
If you wish to transfer your personal data to another processor, we will be happy to provide it to you in a readable form.
-Right to be forgotten
You have the right to have your personal data deleted under these conditions:
- When your personal information is no longer needed for the purposes for which we originally collected it.
- When we have collected your personal information only on the basis of your consent.
- If you object to the processing and there are no compelling grounds for the processing.
- When your personal data has been processed unlawfully.
- When your personal data needs to be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
-Right to file a complain
You are also entitled to file a complaint directly with the Privacy Commission, and can do so online, via telephone or via e-mail (www.privacycommission.be).
How do we secure your data?
Your personal data that is stored with us is only accessible to authorized IDMA officers. To protect the flow of information, we have both physical and infrastructural security measures in place. This website is secured on three levels:
- Regular automatic updates close any software leaks and improve the security of this site.
- SSL secures your connection to this site so that your data cannot be intercepted by hackers.
- The firewall filters all traffic to this site and prevents malware and hacking.
Kindly contact our office in case you believe that your data is not well secured, misused or if there is anything that might be signalling fraud.
Changing cookie preferences
If you have given permission on this website to use non-functional cookies, you can change this setting at any time.